Industrial Automation with the Help of End of Arm Tooling for ManufacturersSeptember 8th, 2017
Different engineering principles dictate how end of arm tooling systems work within a manufacturing environment. Certainly, we can say with some conviction a particular manufacturer will require a proprietary set of effectors. Conversely, a processing line that doesn’t adhere to this operational model is free to manipulate a payload in a simpler manner. Hold on, though, for we’re muddying the issue when an example could quickly illustrate the scene much more efficiently.
Illustrating the End of Arm Manufacturing Difference
A robotic arm rotates its armature at speed. Torque is available in that arm, so it snaps down, pivots by ninety-degrees and tightens a line of fasteners on a car chassis. This is a typical application where industrial automation leverages the capabilities of a robotic end of arm tool. But what if that arm wasn’t operating a special tool? Over at another processing plant, it’s bottle caps that are experiencing the torque, so no proprietary tools are required. These effectors clamp and rotate, then they tighten. At a packaging facility, it’s the same thing. Packaging labels are being fixed to rigid sheets of cardboard. These are not specialist tools. On the contrary, this type of end of arm tooling mimics the movements of the human hand.
Primary Industrial Automation Extensibility
Servo wrists manipulate panels of glass while the end-arm effectors use pneumatic force to hold the fragile material in place. They’re the first, second, and third extra hands that break the standardized handling model we associate with a manual setup. Spot welding tools and drill bits are fitted to other manufacturing arms. They sequentially drill holes, weld seams, and fasten metal frames. A child-like perspective of this industrial automation layout would draw pictures of robot hands holding powered tools, just like some exotic science-fiction epic, but true end of arm tooling products take a more, shall we say, direct route to this futuristic setup by amalgamating the industrial tools and the end-arm flanges that blur the line between a servo wrist and a tooling effector.
Industrial automation systems embed state-of-the-art arrays in and around the factory floor. These are the collision detector sensors and multi-axis sensory hubs that act as the eyes and ears of every industrial automation complex. Finally, all of those cutting tools and spot welding equipment lines require maintenance. A manual maintenance program is one option, and this equipment care strategy yields acceptable results. However, there are also robotic tool changers available, and these effector components go some way towards imbuing the equipment with semi-autonomous power.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Vi-Cas Vacuum Cup Products Available at Enkosi
- Enkosi’s Aluminium Profile System: Joining Components and Fasteners for the Manufacturing Industry
- Differences between Rotary actuators and Linear actuators in EOAT?
- Tooling Products from U.S. Industrial Tool and Supply: Available at Enkosi
- Sustainable, Reliable, Flexible: Get to Know the Non-Adjustable ECO Series Shock Absorber
- Sheet Metal Forming Using Wet Blasting Technology: What Makes This Technology Accurately Effective?
- ECKOLD PowerJet Wet Blasting Systems
- Polyclutch: Precision Slip Clutches Applications and Uses
- Regulated Motion Made Easy with Enidine Rate Controls
- Industrial Automation with the Help of End of Arm Tooling for Manufacturers
- Dynatect Way Wipers Uses and Applications
- Dynatect: Purposes of Steel Covers
- Gortrac® and Gortube Metal Cable and Hose Carriers: Qualities and Applications
- Morali Brand: Vacuum Cups that You Can Buy Online from Enkosi
- Gimatic & Morali End of Arm Tooling Available Online at Enkosi Pty. Ltd.
- Shop Online for Enidine Brand Shock Absorbers
- Fath Components: Different Aluminium Accessories Supply from Enkosi
- Uses and Applications of Desoutter Battery Assembly Tools
- Enidine Shock Absorbers and Vibration Isolation Products: High Quality and Performance Guaranteed
- Enkosi Offers Tooling from Desoutter Industrial Power Tools and Accessories
- Uses of Vacuum Suction Cups and How Enkosi Can Supply These for You
- Dynatect Industrial Equipment Protection: Enkosi is The Only Authorised Australian Sales Partner and Distributor
- What is End of Arm Tooling and Automation Technology and How Enkosi Can Help You?
- Fath Products Supplier in Australia: Best Quality Brand for Hinges and Fittings and Other Components and Accessories